Home FORUM Help Search Login Register  
121 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 06:34:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[October 13, 2017, 10:18:59 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]

[August 11, 2017, 07:20:57 am]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gemmy Screen cleaning UPDATE I NEED ANSWERS..Thanks  (Read 2547 times)
genesis76
Offline Posts: 3527

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:23:11 pm »

:'(I have had a Gemmy since 1998 & have always cleaned it with water. small bug spots etc.

But it has been in storage for two years & has a few stains on it.

Anyone have any experience with major cleaning on the gemmy (including mouse  Cry stains)

Long story as my storage area was mouse free Shocked Shocked Shocked

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:25:37 pm by genesis76 » Logged
KingPin
Offline Posts: 158

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:48 pm »

When I still had mine I cleaned it with scrubby bubble bathroom cleaner, sprayed it on light scrub and hosed it off - worked great Cool
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

When I still had mine I cleaned it with scrubby bubble bathroom cleaner, sprayed it on light scrub and hosed it off - worked great Cool

Thanks KP I will do that Wink
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »

Ok I should know this but my screen was always clean in the past. Do any of you show movies with a few light color stains on your screen. In the past when I had a moth stain it would not show after dark....I realize you can't see the screen but the above cleaned it up well except for a couple of light pink stains the size of  2 by 1.5 inches/ I also have one small hole the size of 1/6th of a dime

What do you all think? How clean are your screens during the year & what do you see if you have a few stains?  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:33:02 pm by genesis76 » Logged
movieman
Offline Posts: 1624

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:24:23 pm »

What Gemmy model do you have?I (think) I have an extra one (just the white sheet)

rg

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »

What Gemmy model do you have?I (think) I have an extra one (just the white sheet)

rg

RG I have the 12 foot deluxe from like 2008.
movieman
Offline Posts: 1624

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 07:50:00 am »

Sorry, I must have sold it.  It was a carls screen with the Gemmy clips on it. He made it for me several years ago.

The only screen sheet I have is a Sima and a screen with a blk boarder and gromets

I do have 2 or 3 of the Backyard screens (frame and sheet)

rg

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:53:36 am »

Sorry, I must have sold it.  It was a carls screen with the Gemmy clips on it. He made it for me several years ago.

The only screen sheet I have is a Sima and a screen with a blk boarder and gromets

I do have 2 or 3 of the Backyard screens (frame and sheet)

rg

Thanks so much RG for looking.

I do have a backup screen myself but since they are all not 100% the same I will try the old screen first. I don't have much time to adjust the new one now...

SR
Offline Posts: 707

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 01:51:51 am »

G76, It'll be fine.  While I have no experience with gemmy screens, I definitely have a lot of experience with less than perfect screens.  And I'm talking about the plywood ones.  If it is generally dirty all over it'll equate to a slightly dimmer picture.  If there are stains on it about the size a dead mouse would leave or from the droppings of a mouse I doubt you'd see any of that with the movie rolling. 

The screen at the night-sky is so weather worn that it has dark green streaks running up and down all over it.  And yes it's bad enough you can see them during the movie less so in the dimmer scenes, much more so in the brighter scenes, but you can still see the movie and folks still have a good time, and this is after years and years of the thing standing in the northwest weather without any maintenance. 

One of the BOC screens that we had at the Sit & Vue we bought with black mildew stains spotted all over the screen.  These weren't streaks they were little tiny black dots, never saw those stains at all during the movies, but you could see them during the day. 

The reason I say all this is so if your freaking out about the stains you'll stop.  Clean them up as best you can then enjoy the movie.  IF the stains are even visible at all during the movie, your probably going to be the only one that notices.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 08:27:21 am »

G76, It'll be fine.  While I have no experience with gemmy screens, I definitely have a lot of experience with less than perfect screens.  And I'm talking about the plywood ones.  If it is generally dirty all over it'll equate to a slightly dimmer picture.  If there are stains on it about the size a dead mouse would leave or from the droppings of a mouse I doubt you'd see any of that with the movie rolling. 

The screen at the night-sky is so weather worn that it has dark green streaks running up and down all over it.  And yes it's bad enough you can see them during the movie less so in the dimmer scenes, much more so in the brighter scenes, but you can still see the movie and folks still have a good time, and this is after years and years of the thing standing in the northwest weather without any maintenance. 

One of the BOC screens that we had at the Sit & Vue we bought with black mildew stains spotted all over the screen.  These weren't streaks they were little tiny black dots, never saw those stains at all during the movies, but you could see them during the day. 

The reason I say all this is so if your freaking out about the stains you'll stop.  Clean them up as best you can then enjoy the movie.  IF the stains are even visible at all during the movie, your probably going to be the only one that notices.

Thanks SR  Your last line is what I tell people all the time LOL........Well the rains came & there went my first movie in three years....part of BYT.......Maybe over the next couple of days I can test the system........Thanks again SR & Rg

Links monetized by VigLink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: